Although it is very useful to visualize lists of numerous lodgings available in hotels and villas within a booking portal, which also allows you to view reviews, ratings and easy-to-read prices, it would be wise to learn more about more precise information than you will really get the real cost of it. Whether it's a short or long-term vacation, it's worth finding the right accommodation, avoiding any disappointment when you arrive at your destination accommodation.
Most of the booking portal lists do not readily reveal the additional costs, unless the fine print is deepened. For example, there may be additional costs for local or national taxes, bed linen, fuel consumption or even cleaning of the villa itself. If you went directly to the advertiser himself, you may find these additional costs more clearly displayed on their website or on their booking form. This also applies to redeemable deposits.
There is limited space on the results page of the booking portals, so what you see is a low price and little in terms of extras. The programming is geared to get a conversion as quickly as possible, so see short notices that refer only to a left or 3 people looking at the accommodation or 2 people have just booked this. Don't be fooled into having to make a quick decision and book quickly, but get to the small print of the list and then copy it, in case the terms and conditions change or the extras are changed between your booking and the final payment be taken. It has been reported in the media that, as you see, for example, no penalty is charged for booking a hotel, but then it is discovered that it was charged at the time of cancellation.
Useful tips and money savings;
1. These multi-list booking portals that offer hotel and villa accommodation tend to be listed in the top 3 of Google's advertised search results, so you can pay to look further down the page or search results pages for see what small niche companies can offer, so it is possible to view many more details and photos.
2. Booking portals tend to charge a 15% commission to their accommodation providers for hotel or villa clients, so by doing some research yourself you may find a promotional code that gives you a discount on the same accommodation, thus saving money on the your reservation. Direct booking with the accommodation provider may allow you to get a discount or upgrade simply because the 15% commission charged should not be spent by the provider. If you simply type the name of the hotel or villa, with the location, which the booking portals show in the search bar, it is therefore possible to more easily identify the same accommodation and book directly with the supplier.
3. Some booking portals simply transmit the details of your credit card to the hotel or to the villa operator, so it is important to establish direct contact with the accommodation provider and make sure you have the number of booking, secure dates, contact details and directions to reach the accommodation. It is very important to connect directly with the supplier, not only with the booking portal.
4. If you are looking for a longer stay in a villa, you can negotiate a better price than the one listed, which is not something you can do with the main booking portals.
5. You would like to make sure that your villa is not replaced due to a double booking, so by going directly to the hotel or to the villa operator you can be sure that this possibility is avoided.
6. Any questions on accommodation are addressed to the accommodation provider, as the booking portals do not know the accommodation itself.
7. Do not show the booking form at the hotel, as a receptionist at the hotel can access the portal account and leave incorrect reviews. Definitely show the reservation reference number.